Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jan 13th


On my way to work this eve,it was pouring with rain, it was dark and cold and generally not very nice. So i turn the corner and I see this man, whom I can only assume is homeless, juggleing. Yes juggleing. with three balls, in the freezing cold and wet, not many people around and an upturned hat in front of him. It made me smile and it took me a minute to decide I was going to ask him to be my photo that day, but i did. And he was more than happy to carry on juggleing for me while i took my photo (which is very bad quality but hey). I returned my gratitude by giving him my tips from the night before, it was only 1.50 but it was all i had with me.

Its not as if i saved this man from homelessness, but i thought it was nice that we had this little interaction; he was so pleasant and cheerfull even though it was raining and cold. It made me smile and i passed it on by giving him what i could. I usually get a little annoyed by homeless people who come right up to you and ask for money, but i thought it was strange that this time, i was asking one of them for something. It was only something small, but then so is what they are asking for. it just goes to show how backwards and caught up we are in our own little world sometime.


Tonight was my first night on the bar ALL night, it was fun, and i even made some tips!

No comments: